The Mayor Pete Kennedy
Weekdays 9am - 3pm
Born in Canandaigua NY, Pete Kennedy grew up the youngest of 5 Irish kids. His dad "Ham" was elected as Mayor of the city of Canandaigua and served 14 years while his youngest son Pete stole the title "Mayor". Ham earned the title and Pete pilfered it.
Pete helped a bunch of his buds at St. Marys School to found an actual radio station that played music over the PA system during lunch. Many of the nuns were less than impressed by the musical selections this young mob played over WSMR. Later, "Mayor" also served as captain of his beloved Canandaigua Academy football team the Braves.
After successfully graduating from SUNY Geneseo where he spent many hours "studying" humanity while DJing and bartending at the world famous Inn Between, he headed to the bright lights of the big city of Rochester NY where he's been rockin' Rochester radio waves for 25 years, now crankin' great tunes on 100.5 the Drive.
When not heckling callers and having fun with them on air, he's actively out working' the streets at various community and charitable events. Last year alone he was involved in over 120 events and has plans for many more in 2012.
This is it. The day Main St. vendors and workers have been waiting for since the excitment of the filming for "The Amazing Spiderman 2" wore off a while ago. Today marks the final day for downtown film shooting, car chases, NYPD cars dominating the scene and general chaos amongst the streets of our city. Here's the spots to avoid for Spidey's last day in our town:
Thursday, May 9, 2013 street closures (final day of filming)
• Main St. from South Ave to Scio St.
• East Ave. from Main St. to Scio St.
• Gibbs St.
• Swan St.
• Chestnut St from Euclid to Pleasant will be open intermittently to allow traffic to cross East Ave. and Main St.
• Vehicles will not be permitted.
• Pedestrians requiring access to buildings along this section of Main St. will be directed by Rochester police officers and/or film production company staff (who will wear identifiable credentials and be posted at intersections).
Thursday, May 9, 2013 local traffic only (final day of filming)
• Stone St. from Main St. to Broad St.
• S. Clinton Ave. from Main St. to Broad St.
• Franklin St. / Franklin Ct. from Pleasant St. to Main St.
• Liberty Pole Way from Pleasant St. to Franklin Ct.
• Achilles St.
• Euclid St. from Main St. to Chestnut St.
• Stillson St. from Chestnut to Main St.
• Vehicle and pedestrian access to buildings, parking lots and garages on these streets will be permitted.