The Mayor Pete Kennedy
Weekdays 9am - 3pm
Born in Canandaigua NY, Pete Kennedy grew up the youngest of 5 Irish kids. His dad "Ham" was elected as Mayor of the city of Canandaigua and served 14 years while his youngest son Pete stole the title "Mayor". Ham earned the title and Pete pilfered it.
Pete helped a bunch of his buds at St. Marys School to found an actual radio station that played music over the PA system during lunch. Many of the nuns were less than impressed by the musical selections this young mob played over WSMR. Later, "Mayor" also served as captain of his beloved Canandaigua Academy football team the Braves.
After successfully graduating from SUNY Geneseo where he spent many hours "studying" humanity while DJing and bartending at the world famous Inn Between, he headed to the bright lights of the big city of Rochester NY where he's been rockin' Rochester radio waves for 25 years, now crankin' great tunes on 100.5 the Drive.
When not heckling callers and having fun with them on air, he's actively out working' the streets at various community and charitable events. Last year alone he was involved in over 120 events and has plans for many more in 2012.
It seems like it's been longer, but it's only day 4 for the filming of "The AmazingSpider-man 2". Some are bitching about the disruption to downtown, but I believe shaking things up in this town is a good thing overall. What else are we going to do to move forward? Buy Kodak stock? That didn't work out so well. Here are the streets affected inside the Inner Loop for Fri. 5/3/13:
Road Closures on Friday:
• Main St. from Plymouth Ave. to South Ave.
• Vehicles will not be permitted.
• Pedestrians requiring access to buildings along this section of Main St. will be directed by Rochester police officers and/or film production company staff (who will wear identifiable credentials and be posted at intersections).
Local traffic only access on Friday:
• Montgomery Alley from Church St. to Main St.
• School Alley from Main St. to Broad St.
• North Fitzhugh St. from Church St. to Main St.
• South Fitzhugh St. from Main St. to Broad St.
• Pindle Alley from Church St. to Main St.
• Irving Pl. from Main St. to W. Broad St.
• State St. from Church St. to Main St.
• Exchange Blvd. from Main St. to Broad St.
• Aqueduct Street from Broad St. to Main St.
• Corinthian St.
• Basin St.
• Race St.
• Graves St.
• Local vehicle and pedestrian access to buildings, parking lots and garages on these streets will be permitted.