The Mayor Pete Kennedy
Weekdays 9am - 3pm
Born in Canandaigua NY, Pete Kennedy grew up the youngest of 5 Irish kids. His dad "Ham" was elected as Mayor of the city of Canandaigua and served 14 years while his youngest son Pete stole the title "Mayor". Ham earned the title and Pete pilfered it.
Pete helped a bunch of his buds at St. Marys School to found an actual radio station that played music over the PA system during lunch. Many of the nuns were less than impressed by the musical selections this young mob played over WSMR. Later, "Mayor" also served as captain of his beloved Canandaigua Academy football team the Braves.
After successfully graduating from SUNY Geneseo where he spent many hours "studying" humanity while DJing and bartending at the world famous Inn Between, he headed to the bright lights of the big city of Rochester NY where he's been rockin' Rochester radio waves for 25 years, now crankin' great tunes on 100.5 the Drive.
When not heckling callers and having fun with them on air, he's actively out working' the streets at various community and charitable events. Last year alone he was involved in over 120 events and has plans for many more in 2012.
A new government survey has been released and it shows how much the world has changed over the last 20 years. The Center for Disease Control (CDC) surveyed 12 thousand women under the age of 45 regarding their feelings about co-habitation and marriage. Here are the results, with 2013 results on the left and 1995's answers to the right. Survey says:
Percentage of women who would live with a man BEFORE marriage: 48 34
Percentage of women who would WAIT to live together until marriage: 23 39
Those are striking numbers, don't you think? Almost half of women under 45 want to try him out first, as compared to 1/3 only 18 years ago. Kind of like buying a new car: take him for a spin, get a good feel, kick the tires, take a good whiff! After all, marriage supposedly means you will be receiving a life sentence with this dude. So why not make sure first? By the way, 40% of those who did marry after living together for 3 years prior ending up staying together. On the other hand, that means 60% didn't last. So, if you're considering an offer from that "perfect boy", jump at your own risk. You didn't need a governmental study to tell you that did ya?