You know how everybody has that one cause that hits really close to home for them? This is it for me. I lost my cousin Kim in the Spring of 2008, when she was just 30 years old. The culprit? Breast Cancer. If you want to help fight this terrible disease, or learn more about how to spread awareness - check out Susan G. Komen for the Cure.
Wanna work out with me? Join CrossFit at World Gym! TRUST me, you'll be in shape in no time!
According to a new survey, women and men are overwhelmingly not into the waif-y runway model look.
The findings, from the survey of 2,000 people conducted by the Gym Group:
First, the Men:
• 33% of men say defined abs are "the most attractive attribute in a woman."
• 25% of men are into a "voluptuous bottom."
• And 11% of men say the most attractive thing about a woman is "firm thighs."
And the Women:
• 51% of women questioned said they want athletic bodies.
• 10% of women want waif-ish frames and "chiseled cheekbones."
Let's bear in mind the survey was conducted by "the Gym Group," which is a chain of gyms, so they're obviously using this survey as an advertisement for their services. But it's still a jumping-off point for an interesting question:
Let's say it's true (and it could be!) that women don't want to be runway-skinny and that men aren't most attracted to women who are runway-skinny. So then if women don't want to look like waifs, and if men aren't attracted to waifs, why are runway models — and Victoria's Secret fashion show models, I don't care how "curvy" I'm supposed to think they are — all waifs?